Roast vegetable pizzas recipe
Preheat oven to 180°C. Place bread bases on baking trays (you may have to use the bench, depending on your tray collection), spread w
Egg free, Gluten free
- 1 packet x 6 lebanese breads
- 1 cup tomato paste or passata
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 500g roasted sweet potato, diced
- 2 roasted capsicums, sliced
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 punnet cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups grated tasty or mozzarella cheese
- 180g feta, diced
- 100g rocket leaves
- ½ cup good quality basil pesto
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place bread bases on baking trays (you may have to use the bench, depending on your tray collection), spread with tomato paste or passata.
- Divide fresh basil leaves between bases (need to go underneath everything else so they don’t burn).
- Top with sweet potato, capsicums, mushrooms, tomatoes and feta cheese.
- Sprinkle half a cup of grated cheese over each pizza.
- This is not much, but you do have the feta too.
- Bake in oven for about 15 minutes or until cheese is golden and bases crunchy.
- Before serving, sprinkle over a handful of rocket leaves, pesto and pecans.
- Double the quantities for a bigger crowd, the left-overs can be frozen individually.
- Use leftover roast vegies, also try sliced avocado.
- For a gluten-free base, I use the gluten-free wraps (that are revolting as wraps, but excellent for crisp pizza bases) from the supermarket.
- Have also used the gluten-free pizza dough mix, which only takes about 10 minutes to bring together – but make sure you bake it for about 15 minutes before putting on topping, to make it crispy.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.