Chicken and sugar snap pea stir fry recipe
Egg free, Gluten free, Lactose free
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (sesame oil if you have it)
- 500g chicken breast fillet, sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a wok, add half the chicken.
Stir fry until brown on all sides, then transfer to a plate.
Cook the remaining chicken and transfer to the plate.
Wipe out the wok with some paper towel and add the remaining teaspoon of oil.
Stir-fry the onion for about 2 minutes until translucent, then add peas and almonds.
Keep stirring so the almonds don’t burn, then add chicken and hoisin sauce and heat through.
Serve with steamed rice.
- I sneak extra veggies into this stir fry—whatever you can get away with! I usually add zucchini or capsicum sticks. Add just before the sugar snap peas.
- My kids are currently fascinated with chopsticks and are trying things they would not normally eat so they can use them.Mostly.
- And then there is nothing wrong with eating chicken schnitzel with chopsticks.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.