Sausages with spiralli recipe
- 500g beef sausages (plain or flavoured)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 spanish onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 piece broccoli (about 200g), cut into florets
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped (optional)
- 250g spiralli pasta
- 100g tomato pesto (I used Sacla brand)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, to serve
Heat a large non-stick frypan and cook sausages over medium heat.
Remove to a plate.
Heat oil in pan and cook onion until soft, add garlic and cook for another minute.
Add broccoli and chilli (if using) to pan and cook for about 5 minutes until bright green and just tender.
Slice sausages, add to pan and heat through.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of water following packet directions or until al dente.
Drain pasta, stir in tomato pesto, then sausage mixture.
Serve with parmesan.
- This is a great quick and tasty pasta recipe.
- Ticks the meat, veg and carb boxes!
- I use gluten-free sausages and pasta to make this meal gluten-free.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.