ABC muffins recipe
- 2 cups self raising flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1/3 cup (80mL) olive or vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 small bananas, mashed
- 2 red apples, cored, quartered and finely sliced/ grated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar, extra
Preheat oven to 180°C and place paper cases in muffin tray (12 large or 18 cupcake size).
Sift flour into large bowl, add almond meal, caster sugar and cranberries, mix well. In a glass jug, measure out oil (to 1/3 cup), add milk (to 11/3 cup) and eggs, whisk to combine.
Pour liquid into dry ingredients, add mashed banana and mix until just combined. Spoon mixture into paper cases and press 2-3 slices of apple, skin up, into muffins.
Sprinkle with combined cinnamon and extra caster sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
- If you need to hide the apple, peel, grate and add with the banana. Omit the cranberries (or replace with finely grated carrot, another ‘c’!)
- Make these muffins gluten-free using gluten-free plain flour and 4 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.