Cheesy pasta bake recipe
- 350g shell or penne pasta
- 1 jar Dolmio three cheese sauce
- 200g shaved chicken, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
Grease a 2L capacity baking dish. Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain pasta, return to saucepan and stir in cheese sauce, half a cup of parmesan and chicken.
Spoon mixture into baking dish.
Combine breadcrumbs and remaining parmesan in a bowl and sprinkle over pasta. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 25 minutes until golden and heated through.
- Great meal to prepare ahead, cover and refrigerate. Take out of the fridge 10 minutes before baking.
- Depending on your kids’ vegetable intake, add some peas, creamed corn, chopped tomato, basil or parsley to the bake. The chicken could also be substituted with ham or tuna.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.