Chocolate-filled crepes recipe
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup cream
- 100g Nestle dark chocolate melts
- 1 punnet fresh strawberries
In a mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, salt, eggs and milk, set aside for at least ten minutes.
Heat a saucepan to a medium heat, add cream and bring it to a simmer. Remove from heat and whisk chocolate melts in until smooth and creamy. Cover and keep warm.
Heat a large, non-stick pan to a medium heat, melt 1 teaspoon butter, swirling it around the pan to coat the surface evenly.
Pour about ¼ cup of the crepe batter into the pan and swirl the pan around to coat the surface evenly with the batter mixture. Try to keep the crepe in a circular.
Cook until golden and then flip over; cook the other side until golden.
Place the crepe on a warm plate and cover with a cloth while you continue to cook crepes.
When you are ready to serve, place a crepe on a plate, fill with sliced strawberries, and drizzle over the warm chocolate sauce. Roll up and serve immediately.
- If you want to create a little kid version, try sprinkling the crepe with hundreds and thousands.
- I got a bit carried away and cut out a strawberry into a heart shape as a heart-felt sign of love. Crepes, chocolate and strawberries – if that doesn’t say ‘love’, then what does?!
- This recipe was created by Kristine Duran-Thiessen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.