Sticky pork with rice pilaf recipe
Egg free, Gluten free, Lactose free
- 500g pork fillet, cut across grain in 5mm slices
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 3 cups (750mL) chicken stock (gluten-free)
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Heat a large heavy-based saucepan or frypan with lid over medium heat. Add oil and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add almonds and cook until golden brown. Add rice and stir for 1 minute to heat grains. Pour in stock and bring to the boil, stirring to prevent the rice sticking. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes until all stock has been absorbed and rice is tender. Keep covered while cooking pork.
Heat a non-stick frypan over medium to high heat. Add hoisin sauce, soy sauce and honey, allow to boil for 2-3 minutes until mixture thickens. Add the pork and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
Serve slices of pork on a mound of the rice pilaf. Spoon any leftover sauce over pork.
- This recipe is so delicious. Sticky, sweet, salty tender pork over rice with a surprising crunch here and there.
- The rice can be cooked in advance and reheated in the microwave.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.