Easy lamb curry recipe
Egg free, Gluten free
- 600g diced lamb
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons of your favourite curry paste (we love mussaman, but try red or green curry, korma, rogan josh etc)
- ½ cup water
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 125mL coconut milk (I use evaporated milk and 1 teaspoon coconut essence)
- 4 tablespoon roasted peanuts
Heat a large, heavy based frypan over high heat.
Add oil and cook lamb until browned on all sides. Add onion and curry paste and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Add water, carrot and potatoes.
Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for at least 30 minutes (1 hour is better) until lamb is tender. Stir in peas and coconut milk and heat through for 1-2 minutes.
Serve curry sprinkled with peanuts and steamed rice, chapati, naan or roti bread (depending on curry country of origin!).
- Buy the lamb already diced from the supermarket.
- Change the vegetables to suit your curry or whatever you have in the fridge.
- We had leftover rice pilaf, which also teamed nicely with the curry.
- Have this curry simmering while you clean up the kitchen etc and all you have to do tomorrow is reheat.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.