Ice-cream sandwiches recipe
- 8 chocolate digestive biscuits
- 1 cup vanilla ice-cream
- chocolate sprinkles
Place four biscuits on a flat surface, chocolate side down. Spoon about ¼ cup slightly softened ice cream onto each biscuit and squash it down with remaining biscuits, chocolate side up.
Use a knife to neaten edges. Place chocolate sprinkles in a bowl and dip each ‘side’ of the ice-cream sandwich in the sprinkles.
Place on a plate and put in freezer until ready to serve.
- A great dessert for the kids to make, looks spectacular, but admittedly, is a little messy to eat! Adds to the fun.
- I have tried chocolate-side in with the biscuits, but it is much harder to get the ice-cream to stay put.
- Make about 1-2 hours before you need them, any longer and the biscuits start to get soggy.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.