Marshmallow bubble slice recipe
- 75g butter
- 1 ½ packages Marshmallow puffs (pink and white)
- 6 cups rice bubbles
Butter a large lamington or slice pan and set aside.
Heat a large, heavy-based saucepan to a medium heat and melt butter.
Add marshmallow puffs and allow them to melt completely until you have a smooth cream. Be sure to stir constantly so the bottom does not burn.
Add rice bubbles quickly and continue to vigorously stir.
Once all ingredients are combined, place the mixture into prepared pan and press down using the back of a clean spoon until even.
Allow to cool and cut into slices. Serve or store in an air-tight container for up to one week.
- You can add anything to this slice you like - try chocolate pieces, or dried fruit such as dried cranberries. Gummy bears or ‘Nerds’ are great additions if you’re feeling wild!
- You kids will love making this recipe – just make sure that you are there to help as the melted marshmallows get incredibly hot and will really hurt if it gets onto skin.
- These make cute homemade gifts; wrap each one up using baking paper and tie with lovely ribbon.
- This recipe was created by Kristine Duran-Thiessen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder