Grilled chicken with pesto recipe
Egg free, Gluten free
- 2 free-range chicken breast fillets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons good quality pesto (I like Sacla brand)
Trim fillets and slice through lengthways. Brush the top of each with some olive oil.
Preheat chargrill pan (or grill) to high heat. Cook chicken oiled sided down in a single layer for 5 minutes or until the chicken lifts easily away from the pan. My chargrill pan is smallish, so I cook in two batches. Turn chicken and cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until cooked through.
Let chicken rest for a few minutes.
Serve each chicken breast topped with a teaspoon of pesto and a serve of greens or a salad.
- I served this deliciously simple dish with rice pilaf (my daughter fancied some rice!); substitute the parsley with basil to tie in with the pesto.
- Good quality chicken and pesto are paramount in this dish, clearly, because there is nothing else to disguise bad ingredients!
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.