Honey joys recipe
You'll remember this recipe fondly from your childhood, and now you can help your children create their own childhood memories. These sweet little morsels are so simple to make - and taste crispy, sticky and delicious. A perfect party food that's simple to serve and is a hit with all ages.
Egg free, Gluten free, Nut free
- 120g butter
- 1/4 cup (60g) caster sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 cups gluten-free cornflakes
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Place 24 paper cases in cupcake or muffin trays.
Place butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil and then remove from heat. Place cornflakes in a large bowl, add honey mixture and stir (gently) to combine.
Spoon mixture into paper cases and bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Gently lift cases out of trays and cool on wire racks. Once fully cooled, store in airtight containers for up to a week.
- Great for school fund-raisers, parties, lunch boxes and after school treats.
- Gluten-free cornflakes are in the health food section of the supermarket.
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot Australia for creating the instructional video.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.