- 250g mascarpone
- 250g ricotta
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- ¾ cup (180mL) strong espresso coffee (or 3 teaspoons instant coffee granules dissolved in ¾ cup boiling water)
- 80mL (1/3 cup) coffee liqueur (e.g. Kahlua, TiaMaria)
- 10-12 sponge fingers (Savoiardi, 250g packet)
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder or grated chocolate, to dust
Use an electric mixer to beat the mascarpone, ricotta, egg and sugar for 1-2 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
Combine the coffee and liqueur in a bowl. Dip sponge fingers into the coffee mixture, then place in a single layer in a 2L (8-cup) glass bowl or individual dishes.
Spread the mascarpone mixture over the layer of sponge fingers. Repeat layering with the sponge fingers and coffee mixture, then the mascarpone mixture.
Depending on the size of your bowl, you will make 2 or 3 layers.
Smooth the surface and dust evenly with the cocoa powder. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow the sponge fingers to soften and the flavours to develop.
- Wow, this is sensational. When you slice it up into servings, there are lots of lovely layers to admire, briefly, as you demolish every last mouthful!
- A great dessert to follow Mozzarella meatballls.
- You could use decaffeinated coffee and / or make an alcohol-free tiramisu (increase the coffee to 330mL [1 1/3 cups] and omit the liqueur).
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.