Carrot cake recipe
- 1 cup of flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup raw sugar
- ½ cup cold-pressed rice bran oil
- 200g crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup of grated carrot
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Mix all the ingredients together except the carrots, pineapple and walnuts.
Once these ingredients are combined, fold in the remaining ingredients.
Pour mix into a lined loaf tin and bake for 45 - 50 minutes.
- This is a wonderful recipe – it’s so easy, you really can let your kids make it from beginning to end. You only need to be on hand to do the oven stuff!
- If you can’t find (or don’t have!) rice bran oil, you can replace it with another vegetable oil – I really like to use grapeseed oil.
- Some people don’t like to mix their fruits and veggies (!) – so if you feel uncomfortable adding pineapple to a Carrot Cake, just leave it out. The cake will still be moist, even if it is missing a little of the extra sweetness that the pineapple gives.
- This recipe was created by for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.