Green eggs and ham recipe
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 4 slices leg ham
- 4 thick slices bread
- Basil leaves, to garnish
Whisk eggs and milk or cream until light and fluffy. Heat a non-stick saucepan over medium heat and melt the butter.
Pour in egg mixture and allow to cook for about 20 seconds until the edges are starting to set. Use a wooden spoon to push the egg on the outside into the middle all the way around the pan. Cook for another 20 seconds, repeat the ‘pushing’ motion.
The eggs will be almost set, remove from heat and stir in the pesto. The eggs will continue to cook as you make the toast. Top toast with ham and eggs and sprinkle with basil leaves to serve.
- Increase the recipe depending on how many you have to feed. If your kids are unlikely to embrace the ‘green’, serve them before you add the pesto.
- This is a great recipe for any meal of the day—we made it for a weekend lunch.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.