Emergency vegetable stir-fry recipe
Egg free, Gluten free, Lactose free
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (sesame oil if you have it)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 6 large mushrooms, sliced
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup fresh herbs (e.g. green or purple thai basil, coriander)
- ½ cup cashews
Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a wok, cook the onion for about 2 minutes until translucent, then add garlic and cook for another minute. Add the capsicum, carrot, broccoli and mushrooms and stir fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the sugar snap peas and sauces and cook for another 2 minutes until vegetables are tender.
Serve vegetables garnished with cashews and herbs and steamed rice.
- There are some weeks when the days fly by and you find yourself in need of a vegetable fix. This stir fry is a fantastic quick way to get your vegetable boost.
- Omit the nuts if you are a nut-free household.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.