Asparagus with crispy bacon and potato recipe
4 as an entrée or side dish
Egg free, Gluten free, Lactose free, Nut free
- 2-3 bunches asparagus
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 rashers bacon, finely chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
Steam or microwave potato pieces until tender, drain. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, add bacon and potato and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp and golden.
While bacon mixture is cooking, steam or microwave asparagus until bright green and just tender.
Arrange asparagus on plates and top with bacon mixture.
- Now my kids don’t flock to the table for asparagus, but maybe yours do. Instead of the asparagus, try beans or peas for the little ones.
- I didn’t serve this with a dressing, but a squeeze of lemon juice or a dollop of mayo would work well.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.