Pantry surprise lamb curry recipe
Egg free, Gluten free, Lactose free, Nut free
- 500g stir fry strips of lamb
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- ½ 365g jar eggplant kasaundi
- 2 zucchini, chopped
Heat a large frypan over high heat. Add oil and brown lamb on all sides. Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until starting to soften. Stir in eggplant kasaundi, zucchini and ½ cup water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Serve with steamed rice.
- My wonderful decluttering mother visited me recently from interstate and helped me with the mammoth task of cleaning out my pantry. What treasures we found, including the jar of eggplant kasaundi! Now I am not assuming you will necessary have this in your cupboard, but use an interesting chutney or curry paste remnant to add some flavour to your lamb.
- The kasaundi was very spicy, so not suitable for most little kids; use a milder mussaman or korma curry paste.
- Match the vegetables to your flavouring – ideally some cubes of eggplant would have been perfect in this curry. But the eggplant was festering away nicely in the fridge, so zucchini stepped up to the pan!
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.