- 200g raw almonds
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup plain flour
- Finely chopped zest of 1 orange
- 2 egg whites
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place almonds and sugar in a food processor and whiz until the almonds are roughly chopped. Add orange zest and egg whites and whiz until the mixture comes together. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on baking tray.
Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden. Cool on a tray or wire rack.
Great with coffee.
- I love the flavour of orange zest in these biscuits. Try lemon zest or a teaspoon of vanilla extract for different flavours.
- Like coconut macaroons, these are super quick to make and the kids will love hitting the food processor buttons.
- I made these gluten-free using gluten-free plain flour.
- Use the egg yolks in an omelette or scrambled eggs.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.