Cheesy three veg pasta bake recipe
Egg free, Nut free
- 350g shell or penne pasta
- 30g butter
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 cups (500mL) milk
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Grease a 2L capacity baking dish. Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water, following packet directions, until just tender.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan, stir in cornflour and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat, slowly pour in milk, whisking all the time to make a smooth white sauce. Return to heat, continue stirring until sauce thickens.
Drain pasta, return to pot and stir in white sauce. Add cheese and vegetables, stir well to combine.
Spoon mixture into baking dish and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for 25 minutes until golden and heated through.
- Great meal to prepare ahead, cover and refrigerate. Take out of the fridge 10 minutes before baking.
- Depending on your kids’ vegetable intake, add some capsicum, zucchini, chopped tomato, basil or parsley to the bake.
- Add some protein with a cup of leftover Christmas ham, turkey or chicken!
Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.