Nachos with invisible beans recipe
Egg free, Lactose free
- 200g packet corn chips
- ½ cup refried beans
- 1 cup tomato passata or salsa
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- ½ cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine the beans and tomato passata (or salsa) until well combined and smooth. Spread a layer of corn chips on an oven-proof dish.
Sprinkle with 1/3 of the tomato mixture and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat another two layers. Place in oven for 5-10 minutes until cheese is golden.
Serve immediately with avocado and sour cream.
- Number 1 son prefers his food at or below room temperature. If your kids are the same, make a separate platter for them and cook first so it can cool while yours is cooking, then you can all eat together.
- We don’t do tomato salsa in our house (it has bits in it), so I use a tomato passata and call it tomato sauce. They will never know.
- Check the nachos to see whether this recipe can also be made nut-free.