Double Burgers recipe
Egg free, Nut free
- 500g heart smart beef mince
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped continental parsley
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 8 slices cheese
- 8 slices bread or 4 hamburger buns
Combine mince, water, breadcrumbs, tomato sauce, carrot and parsley. Form into 8 large, flat burgers (I use a fabulously daggy Tupperware hamburger maker from the ‘70s). Heat oil in a non-stick frypan to medium heat and cook 4 burgers at a time. Allow 6-7 minutes each side and turn only once.
Toast bread or burger buns, top with a burger, slice of cheese, another burger and another slice of cheese. Serve with extra tomato sauce or barbecue sauce.
- Turn these burgers carefully – because they have all the lovely carrot in them, they are a bit crumbly. If you don’t have any egg-allergies in the family, mix in an egg to help it all bind together.
- My kids love these Masterfoods individual squeezy sauces – this little novelty actually got my meat-averse child to voluntarily eat a burger on his own, without me feeding him. Amazing.