Honey soy chicken skewers recipe
Egg free, Lactose free, Nut free
- 500g chicken breast fillets
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in cold water for 30 minutes. Slice chicken into 2cm cubes. Combine remaining ingredients in a casserole dish, microwave on high for 10-20 seconds to melt honey.
Stir well to combine, add chicken and mix well. Marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Thread chicken onto skewers (about 6 pieces per skewer).
Heat grill to high heat and cook chicken for 3 minutes on each side (4 sides, can’t be too careful with chicken), basting half way through with some of the marinade.
Serve with rice and greens.
- This dish was inspired by my little girl pointing at the grill and saying, “You haven’t cooked anything on sticks in there for ages”. So chicken on sticks it is.
- Couldn’t be simpler, marinade meat in advance, thread on the chicken and they are cooked before the rice is done.
- We had some baby spinach wilting in the fridge so I sautéed it in a pan with a little bit of sesame oil and sesame seeds. Takes only a minute, try it!