Pasta bits with cherry tomatoes and pesto recipe
- 375g packet fresh lasagne sheets
- 4 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- freshly grated parmesan, to serve
Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Rip lasagne sheets into large bite size pieces (this bit is very fun). Place lasagne bits in pot, return to the boil and cook for 2-3 minutes until al dente. Drain into a colander, return pasta to the pot and stir through pesto and tomatoes. Serve garnished with parmesan.
- This is a super quick dish. By all means make it more time consuming (but also more tasty) by making your own pasta and pesto!
- I had been to the farmers market the day I made this pasta, so we had it with amazing Italian and fennel sausages AND locally grown cherry tomatoes. The tomatoes were so tasty and sweet…if you have inferior tomatoes, roast them in a bit of olive oil at 180°C until starting to collapse, this really intensifies their flavour.