Gluten free tomato and salami pizza recipe
Gluten free, Nut free
- 320g Gluten free pizza dough mix
- 2 eggs
- 60mL vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 slices salami
- 250g cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 cups (130g) grated cheese
- ½ cup baby spinach
Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare pizza dough according to packet instructions. For the Woolworths brand: pour pizza dough mix, 100mL water, 60mL vegetable oil and eggs into an electric mixer bowl. Mix on slow speed for 1-2 minutes until well combined. Oil two pizza trays, place half the dough on each tray and use your hands to press out into a round or rectangular shape.
Top with tomato paste, salami and sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is golden and bubbling. Top with spinach leaves before serving in wedges.
- Use prepared pizza bases if you don’t need the gluten-free mixture.
- Substitute ham for the salami if you and/or your kids are not so keen on the slightly spicy salami.
- It is cheaper to buy block cheese and grate it yourself than pre-grated packaged cheese.
- Growing your own lettuce and herbs is a great way to save money. I’m sure I’m not the only one who pays $2+ for a packet of mediocre greenery, only to throw the mouldy remainder out one week later.