Chicken and snow pea stir-fry recipe
Gluten free, Lactose free
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 500g chicken tenderloins
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 125g snow peas, sliced
- ½ cup cashews (100g)
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
Heat oil in a wok, add half the chicken. Stir fry until brown on all sides, then transfer to a plate. Cook the remaining chicken and transfer to the plate.
Stir-fry the onion for about 2 minutes until translucent, then add chicken, snowpeas and hoisin sauce. Stir until snow peas are bright green.
Serve with steamed rice and garnished with cashews.
- Chicken is relatively expensive, I bought tenderloins on special, but you could use thigh fillets for a cheaper option.
- Add some carrots or capsicum to increase the vegetable content.
- A combination of soy sauce, hoisin and sweet chilli sauce is also tasty.