Mini burgers recipe
Egg free, Nut free
- 500g beef mince
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 8 slices cheese
- 250g cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 5 slices bread
Combine mince, water, tomato paste and breadcrumbs and mix well. Form 2 tablespoons of mixture into mini burgers, you will make about 20. Heat a non-stick frypan to medium heat and cook burgers in two batches. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side and turn only once.
Use scone cutters to cut 4 circles out of each slice of bread. Top each round of bread with a spinach leaf or two, a small piece of cheese, a burger and a slice of tomato. Serve with tomato sauce.
- I usually make half a batch of mini burgers and the rest ‘adult size’ to reduce the rolling and fiddling around with mini bits of food!
- I had some leftover bacon and onion in the fridge, so added these to the grown up burgers.
- And because it is Valentine’s Day time of the year, I used my heart shape cutter for the bread. It never ceases to amaze me how a simple change of shape suddenly makes food appealing to my kids!