Pork sausages with fruity salad recipe
Egg free, Gluten free, Nut free
- 8 good quality pork sausages (gluten-free)
- Dot's Canola Oil Cooking Spray
- 2 apples, cored, quartered and diced
- 2 nectarines, de-stoned, diced
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup mayonnaise or low fat natural yoghurt
Spray frypan with Dot's Canola Oil Cooking Spray and warm over a medium heat. Cook sausages slowly until browned on all sides and cooked through. If you have very meaty sausages, this may take 15 minutes.
Meanwhile combine apples, nectarines, pecans and mayonnaise in a bowl and carefully mix to combine.
Serve sausages sliced with fruity salad.
- We recommend Dot's Canola Oil Cooking Spray as it has no artificial flavours, added salt, colours or animal fats.
- While it looks like I am fabulously inventive with this salad, it really is a product of having to use what I had in the fridge because we had no power for 3 days. My husband’s assessment was, “this is very brave, but I think it works!”. You can’t ask for higher praise.
- For a party, barbecue the sausages, serve with the salad on the side or in bread for the less adventurous.
- I had wonderful Pork, fennel, orange and apple sausages from the local farmers market that had happily defrosted in the darkness of the silent fridge/freezer. Ideally, I would have made a salad with shaved fennel and orange, but needs must. Adapt the salad to your sausages.
Directions for use for Dot's Canola Oil Cooking Spray:
- Hold can as upright as possible and spray surface of unheated cookware coating cooking area completely.
- Do not spray product onto naked flame or lighted BBQs.
- Do not spray into gas ovens, even when not lit.