Prawn, watermelon and feta salad recipe
Egg free, Gluten free, Nut free
- 12 large prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 kg watermelon, rind removed and chopped
- 200g feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup mint leaves, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Remove rind from watermelon and chop into 2cm cubes. Keep in the fridge in a bowl until needed.
Drain excess liquid from watermelon and divide between four plates. Sprinkle with feta and mint leaves. Arrange 3 prawns on each watermelon salad, drizzle with oil and garnish with pepper.
- This is a great light meal for those scorching hot days-provided your fridge is still working.
- To serve at a Grown Ups Party, serve the watermelon salad in 10-12 small bowls, chop the prawns into 1cm pieces and distribute evenly between bowls. This makes the salad easier to eat whilst juggling a sparkling beverage.