Beef and pineapple kebabs recipe
Egg free, Gluten free, Lactose free, Nut free
- 500g rump steak
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (gluten-free)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple (or 440g can unsweetened)
Trim steak and bash mercilessly. Marinate in soy sauce and garlic for at least 30 minutes. If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water while the meat is marinating.
Thread meat, capsicum and pineapple onto 8-10 skewers. Make smaller skewers for kids. Grill or barbecue kebabs for 8-10 minutes, turning half way though until browned and cooked through (or to your liking).
- These kebabs are wonderfully colourful and tasty. I am not traditionally a fan of pineapple in savoury dishes, but this combination is great and it might just get the kids interested. Mine were interested, but not moved to try them…yet.
- Serve with steamed rice or a salad to bulk up the meal.