Teriyaki chicken spare ribs recipe
Egg free, Lactose free, Nut free
- 1kg chicken ‘spare ribs’, drumettes or wingettes
- ½ cup teriyaki marinade
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- Steamed rice and extra teriyaki sauce, to serve
Marinade chicken in teriyaki sauce, lemon juice and honey for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Spread chicken over tray in a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
Combine carrot and coriander leaves.
Serve chicken spare ribs with rice, carrot and coriander salad and extra teriyaki sauce.
- I bought chicken ‘spare ribs’ from the local chicken shop. I am not sure if the term is anatomically correct, but let’s just go with it, shall we!
- Fantastic for kids who are just starting to eat meat on a bone – there is only one small bone to negotiate.
- Make this recipe gluten-free using tamari sauce instead of the teriyaki.