Birthday biscuits for school recipe
20 - 24
- 1 packet Marie biscuits
- 2 cups icing sugar
- red and blue food colouring
- 1 packet pink and white marshmallows
- sprinkles or coloured sugar crystals
- 1 packet Freddo frogs
Place icing sugar in a bowl, add 1-2 teaspoons of water to make a smooth spreadable paste. Transfer half the icing to another bowl. Colour one bowl with red colouring and one with blue (my daughter helped me with this so we had very strong colours!). Spread half the Marie biscuits with pink icing. Cut marshmallows in half, press the cut side into the sprinkles or sugar crystals and then place sprinkle-side up on a biscuit. You need four marshmallow halves per biscuit.
For the Freddo biscuits, spread the blue icing on the remaining Marie biscuits and top with a frog. Leave for 30 minutes for the icing to set and then store in an air-tight container. These can be prepared the night before you are taking them to school.
- My daughter’s Kindergarten has a strict policy of only allowing chocolate frogs as birthday treats. Avoids many allergy issues. However, the restrictions are less at my son’s primary school, increasing the level of input required by me!
- These biscuits have maximum WOW factor for minimum effort.