Spaghetti with pesto recipe
- 500g packet spaghetti
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- 2 large bunches basil, washed, leaves removed
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup cashews, unsalted
- 60g (about 1 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 75mL extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
Place the basil leaves, pine nuts, cashews, parmesan, olive oil and garlic in a food processor and process until combined. Spoon into an air-tight container and keep in the fridge until needed.
Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook spaghetti according to packet directions or until al dente. Drain the spaghetti, tip back into pot and stir through 6-8 tablespoons of pesto. Serve immediately with parmesan.
- If you don’t have time to make the pesto (but it is really so quick!), use a good quality bought pesto.
- Pesto will keep in the fridge for a few days. Use it on the Lamb racks, as a base for bruschetta or a dip with crusty bread.