Sausage salad recipe
Egg free, Gluten free, Lactose free, Nut free
- 8 thick beef or pork sausages (gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 cups leftover roasted vegetables (e.g. sweet potato, pumpkin, potato)
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Heat a teaspoon of oil in a large non-stick frypan and cook sausages over medium heat until cooked through. Remove to a plate; when cool enough to handle, slice thickly.
Whisk vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Warm vegetables in microwave on high for 2 minutes. Add vegetables, onion and sausages to bowl. Toss to combine and serve in bowls.
- You are correct; this has leftovers written all over it! But a very tasty serve of leftovers it is.
- Onion is optional or adults only!
- Great TV dinner food – surely mine is not the only family that crowds in front of the TV for those great family shows?