Vegetable soup with pasta recipe
4 - 6
Egg free, Lactose free, Nut free
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 medium, potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, and chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, halved, cut diagonally 1cm thick
- 1L chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ cup small pasta (I used little stars)
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, cook for 3 minutes until starting to soften, add garlic and cook 1 minute further. Add vegetables and stir to coat in that lovely onion/garlic mix. Stir in stock, bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Add pasta and cook for a further 10 minutes until vegetables are soft. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Serve with crusty bread.
Isn’t it wonderful to be cooking soups after such a long summer of ‘something with salad’!
Puree a portion of cooked soup for the kids if they aren’t into vegetable chunks.