Nectarine crumble recipe
- 6 deliciously ripe nectarines
- Approx 2 cups of your favorite crumble recipe * *
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 cup plain wholemeal flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- pinch of your favourite spice mix (cinnamon)
- chopped nuts (hazelnuts, almonds, pecans etc.)
- softened butter
** crumble mixture can be frozen to be used at a later stage
Use large nectarines, cut in half and remove stone.
Place cut side up in a lightly greased muffin tin.
Mix all dry crumble ingredients together, add softened butter until mixture is moist.
Sprinkle 2 cups of crumble mixture (which can be used straight from the freezer) onto nectarines.
Bake at 180ºC and start checking the oven from 10 minutes until golden brown.
Part of the fun is presenting these in the muffin tray to the table so every one gets to choose the yummiest one.
Serve with ice cream, enjoy!
- This is by far one of my family favorites and I am sure it would work well with all stone fruits.