Golden syrup slice recipe
24 - 36 sqaures
- 1 packet Marie biscuits
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- ½ 400g can condensed milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80g unsalted butter, melted
- 125g milk or dark chocolate
Grease a 16cm x 26cm slice tray and line with non-stick baking paper. Place Marie biscuits in a food processor and whiz. Melt the butter with the golden syrup and vanilla. Place the biscuit crumbs, butter mixture and condensed milk in a large bowl, stir well to combine.
Transfer mixture to tray and press down with the back of a metal spoon. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
Melt chocolate in microwave on medium-high for 1 minute. Stir and repeat until melted. Spread melted chocolate over the top of slice. When the chocolate is set, cut into small squares.
- Refrigerate the base overnight, then the cold base helps set the chocolate quickly. All the quicker for eating!