Guacamole dip recipe
Egg free, Lactose free, Nut free
- 2 avocados
- ½ red onion, finely diced (if you’re using a large onion, only use a ¼)
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tomato, cut into quarters, seeds removed and diced small
- 1/4 cup coriander, roughly chop stem and leaves
- 1 pickled jalapeno, diced fine (optional)
Cut avocados in half and remove seed and skin.
Dice avocado roughly and then smash with the bottom of a spoon.
Add all ingredients and stir until well combined.
Check for seasoning and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Nothing beats a guacamole when the avocados are super ripe and freshly made. When I make this at home I take a small amount out of the main bowl and leave it plain for the boys, however I toss in extra jalapenos for my portion.
- Once you’ve finished smashing the avocado, use an old Mexican trick to keep it fresh and preventing it from browning for longer by putting an avocado seed into the bowl until you’re ready to use it.
- This is perfectly matched when serving Chicken fajitas, New Mexican con carne or even with Pork and chickpea tortillas and Fish tacos.
- If you have any extra left, you can use it for sandwiches the following day, as a dip or in a salad.