Pork and chickpea tortilla recipe
Egg free, Lactose free, Nut free
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400g pork mince
- ½ teaspoon paprika, ground
- ½ cup green beans, cut into 2cm pieces
- ½ cup carrot, grated
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 1 400g can chickpeas, strained
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-2 fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1 pkt tortilla wraps (corn or flour)
Heat oil in a large frying pan and, just before smoking point, add pork mince and cook until brown.
Add paprika and beans, sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring to prevent burning. Turn heat down to medium and add carrot, corn, chickpeas and salt. Sauté for 1-2 minutes to release the flavours.
Remove from heat, add tomato, lemon juice and basil, toss together and leave while you heat the tortillas.
Follow directions on packet to heat tortillas, and once warmed, lie them flat, fill with the pork and chickpea mixture and close with a toothpick for easy handling.
- One of the many things I like about this dish is the versatility. It makes a lovely salad served cold if it doesn’t all get eaten, or you want to make it ahead of time.
- When I make this for my boys, I roll the tortillas like cigars to keep the mixture in place and add some grated cheese. When I eat these, I smother them with the jalapeno salsa for an added kick. That way we all eat the same meal, however it’s slightly adjusted to suit each family member’s tastebuds!