BBQ ribs recipe
These sticky and sweet BBQ pork ribs will have everyone licking their fingers and asking for more. You can cook these in the oven or on the barbecue
Egg free, Lactose free, Nut free
- 1 kg pork ribs (American style)
- 1 ½ teaspoon oregano, dried
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- salt and pepper
Place ribs in a large bowl and sprinkle with oregano, then pour over the soy sauce. Mix with your hands to combine then cover and place in the fridge for at least one hour (up to 8 hours is OK).
To cook, preheat oven to 180°C, take ribs out of fridge and lay them on a roasting tray – make sure it will fit in the oven.
Pat the meat dry with paper towel to remove excess moisture. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper then place in the oven for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes remove the ribs and turn the oven up to 200°C. With a basting brush, brush BBQ sauce liberally all over ribs, back and front. When completely covered, place back in the oven and continue cooking for a further 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and let ribs rest for five minutes then cut in between the ribs and serve with lots of paper napkins close at hand!
- I use a Chinese BBQ sauce but you can use any type - the Chinese version isn’t as sweet as some of the other brands.
- Ribs taste fantastic on the Weber; they need to be cooked with the lid on if you’re doing them on the BBQ. Just follow the same method as above.
- We eat ribs for a family meal. I usually serve them with smashed potatoes and a healthy salad. These are always requested at family events!
- Recipe created by Camilla Baker for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.