Pizza rolls recipe
16 small pieces or 2 large logs
Egg free, Nut free
- 1 (250g) punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- ½ baguette
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup diced bacon
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 200°C.
In a medium bowl combine whole cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper, olive oil and oregano.
Toss to coat tomatoes, put on an oven tray and roast for 15 minutes or until tomatoes blister.
Remove from oven to a bowl and cool.
With your clean hands, squeeze tomatoes. You can easily remove the skins with your fingers.
Cut baguette in half and tear out centre of bread.
Spread tomato paste evenly on each baguette half. Spoon in roast tomato mixture, and sprinkle on bacon bits.
Top with mozzarella cheese then bake in a 180°C oven for 15 minutes.
Remove, cut into portions and serve warm.
- If bacon is not your flavour, shredded ham with pineapple works really well, as does sausage meat.
- Stale baguettes work really well for this recipe. The moisture from the roasted tomatoes brings stale bread back to life.
- You can pre make these and just pop them in the oven 15 minutes before you need them.
- Recipe created by Camilla Baker for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.