Autumn plums and apples recipe
Egg free, Gluten free, Nut free
- 700g plums, pips removed and cut in half
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into quarters
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cinnamon quill, snapped in half
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 pieces lemon rind
- 1 cup boiling water
Place plums and apples in your slow cooker then add remaining ingredients.
Stir to mix well then turn cooker on to MEDIUM and leave for 3 hours.
Remove from slow cooker and cool in an airtight container or use straight away.
- My plums were quite large so I cut them in quarters.
- I can’t seem to leave the slow cooker alone to do its job! I gave the fruit a quick stir about half way through the cooking time.
- We ate the fruit on waffles and served with natural yogurt for Sunday brunch and devoured the lot.
- A handy and healthy snack to have in the fridge for all.
- Recipe created by Camilla Baker for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.