Pork and corn burgers recipe
Egg free, Lactose free, Nut free
- 800g pork mince
- 1 cup corn kernels (if using frozen, defrost first)
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1/4 telegraph cucumber, sliced
- 1-2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, cut into quarters and peeled
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 6-7 lettuce leaves
- 5-6 large buns
In a large bowl add pork mince, corn, onion, sweet chilli and ginger. Using clean hands, start mixing. When well combined, roll into patties and keep in the fridge until needed.
Heat chargrill or barbecue on high, sprinkle patties with salt and pepper and a splash of oil then place on the grill and cook until done. This will take approximately 7 minutes on one side and 6 on the other.
Remove from grill and cover with foil to rest for 5 minutes.
While the meat rests, cut a burger bun in half, spread with mayonnaise then add lettuce, tomato, avocado and cucumber.
Place patty on top and serve with oven chips.
- These burgers are great for people who are allergic to eggs and wheat (omit the bun to make this recipe gluten free). Pork holds together very well and the added flavours infuse into the meat quickly.
- If you have kids who hate onion, don’t put it in the patty mixture, instead cut thick slices and chargrill with your patties and put it on top of your burger- delicious!
- This recipe will feed extra kids. I fed two adults and three hungry boys with this amount of mince and I could have squeezed another burger out of it if I had to.
- If you’re making oven chips, put them in the oven before you start cooking your burgers as they usually take about 20 minutes in a 210°C oven.
Recipe created by Camilla Baker for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.