Boys’ bean salad recipe
Egg free, Gluten free, Nut free
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- Salt and pepper
- 400g tin bean mix, strained
- 80-100g sliced deli ham, pulled apart
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 4-6 Kalamata olives, halved
To make the dressing:
Add all ingredients to a small jar with a pinch of salt and pepper. Put the lid on tightly and shake vigorously until slightly thickened and cloudy. Set aside.
To make the salad:
Place all ingredients into a large bowl and drizzle over made dressing, toss to combine and serve.
- Between my 7 year old and 3 year old, they make this on their own (under my watchful eye of course!) Max slices while Alex crumbles the cheese and pulls the ham apart. It’s a very yummy salad I don’t mind eating at all.
- If your olives have pips, simply squash with your palm and then tear them in half removing the pip- something we all love to do.
- If olives don’t work for you, try nuts or dried cranberries.
- Recipe created by Camilla Baker for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.