Potato gratin recipe
Egg free, Gluten free, Nut free
- 500g potatoes (I used new potatoes, skin on), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1 clove garlic, sliced (optional)
- ¼ cup tasty cheese, grated
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup thickened cream
- ¼ cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 190°C and grease a 23cm pie dish.
Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl- toss to combine then pour into greased dish and arrange top pieces of potato to sit evenly.
Bake in oven for 55 minutes then serve.
- Who doesn’t love potatoes and cream?!
- If you are having a lot of guests or just the family for dinner, you can always precook this dish in the morning, or even the day before, and then pop it back in the oven to warm through (while your meat is resting) to save time in the last minutes before serving.
- Recipe created by Camilla Baker for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.