Chocolate pudding with chocolate sauce and pistachio ice cream recipe
- 1 cup milk, hot
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- ¼ cup castor sugar
- 50g dark or milk cooking chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup castor sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 100g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 container pistachio gelato
To make the chocolate sauce, heat milk over medium heat until hot but NOT boiling.
In a small bowl combine cornflour, cocoa powder and cold water, stir to remove lumps.
When the milk is hot, add chocolate mixture, sugar and chopped chocolate.
Stir to combine, bring back to a medium heat and continue stirring until the sauce begins to boil.
Remove from heat and stir in butter until it melts.
To make the puddings, preheat oven to 180°C, spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
Sift first four dry ingredients into a medium bowl and add chopped chocolate.
In a separate bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients and whisk with a fork to combine.
Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir until it makes a thick batter. Pour into the muffin tins. Place muffin tin on an oven tray and pour ½ cup of water onto the tray for extra moisture. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven, tip out puddings, place in individual bowls, pour over chocolate sauce and pop a dollop of pistachio gelato on top - serve warm.
- Just like peaches and cream, pistachio and chocolate were made for each other!
- I like to make these individually so I can freeze the ones I am not eating and pull them out when needed, pop them in the microwave to heat up and eat them with chocolate sauce (if I have any left!).
- One of the bonuses of this recipe is there is no cream to make you feel guilty!
- Recipe created by Camilla Baker for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.