Sticky honey drumsticks recipe
Egg free, Lactose free, Nut free
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of ginger, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons KecapManis soy sauce (see note)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Whisk the ginger, garlic, honey, KecapManis and sesame oil together in a non-metallic mixing bowl or dish and add the drumsticks.
Turn the chicken over in the marinade to ensure it’s well covered. Cover with clingfilm and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 – 4 hours..
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Place the drumsticks into a baking dish and pour over the remaining marinade. Roast for 15 minutes, remove to turn thechicken pieces and continue to roast another 15 minutes.
Serve drizzled with the remaining pan juices over rice or alone.
- Kecap Manis is thick, sweet Indonesian soy sauce. You will be able to find it in the Asian section of your supermarket. If you are unable to find this, just use what you have in your pantry.
- These are almost better served cold for lunch!
- This recipe was created by Kristine Duran-Thiessen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.