Pumpkin and mozzarella risotto balls recipe
- 1 quantity Pumpkin and mozzarella risotto, cooled
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 3 cups vegetable oil
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the risotto, eggs, and 1 cup of the breadcrumbs.
Roll the mixture into small balls around 3cm in diameter. Place the balls onto a large plate and set aside.
Place the other cup of breadcrumbs onto another plate.
Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan to medium heat – you’ll know when the oil is ready when you drop a breadcrumb into the oil and it starts frying.
Roll each ball in the breadcrumbs then fry for about 1 minute on each side or until golden.
Remove the balls from the oil onto a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
Serve immediately with a green salad.
- You can serve this with a dipping sauce made from a tomato pasta sauce.
- Some risotto ball (also called Arancini) recipes stuff the centre of the ball with more cheese but I think these are really delicious as is. There is a lot of cheese in the risotto recipe to begin with.
- These make a really special entrée for a dinner party as well.
- Make sure the oil doesn’t get too hot when you’re frying as it will start to burn the breadcrumbs on the outside.
- This recipe was created by Kristine Duran-Thiessen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.