Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes recipe
4 - 6
- 8 chicken thighs, with or without skin
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves removed and chopped coarsely
- 6 brushed potatoes, washed and chopped into cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 180°C. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients and then toss thoroughly, ensuring that everything is well coated in oil.
Place everything in a non-stick roasting pan and roast for 40 minutes, turning the chicken and potatoes after 20 minutes.
After 40 minutes, place the roasting pan under a grill for a further 5-10 minutes until the chicken and potatoes are golden. Serve immediately.
- This is SO delicious (and so easy!), especially if you use free-range chicken thighs.
- I highly recommend investing in a good quality, heavy-based non-stick roasting pan as this is also what makes this dish such a success. You will get a gorgeous caramelisation on the bottom of the chicken pieces and on the potatoes with the right dish. I have a ‘Roast n Rack’ dish that I got as a wedding gift.
This recipe was created by Kristine Duran-Thiessen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.