Chicken and asian greens stirfry recipe
- 600g chicken thighs, cut into generous bite-sized chunks
- 2 tbspn hoisin sauce
- 2 tbspn soy sauce
- 2 tbspn honey
- 2 tbspn rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tspn ginger, grated
- 4 spring onions, cut into 5cm lengths
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 200g beans, topped and tailed and cut in half
- 1 bunch bok choy, shredded
Combine the sauces, honey, vinegar, garlic and ginger in a large bowl and add the chicken pieces. Cover and refridgerate for a couple of hours or overnight.
Place wok on stove, add the vegetable oil and heat until it is smoking.
Drain the marinade from the chicken and reserve, then add the chicken to the wok. Stirfry until browned all over.
Add the marinade and simmer covered for about 10 minutes or until the chicken peices are cooked through.
Add all the vegetables and continue to cook until the bok choy has just begun to wilt..
Serve immediately with rice.
- The key to happy stirfrying is to be completely prepared before you begin. Make sure that you have everything chopped up, and all condiments and cooking utensils at hand. This way, you will avoid the possibility of overcoooking everything.
- This chicken is fabulous when it has spent a long time marinating - having said that, the last time I made this dish, I forgot to marinate the meat. Instead of spending hours steeping in the sauces, my chicken spent a mere 30 minutes marinating. And it was still delicious!
- This recipe was created by Ella Walsh for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.